- for LED tail lights (no error message on the towing vehicle)
- Plug and play: completely wired solution including 2.5m cable with 7-pin plug & socket
- Monitoring of all functions
- Housing gets hot ... Install in a well-ventilated place
- Operating temperature -40 ° to + 55 °
One of the advantages of the ever-increasing LED trailer lighting is its very low power consumption while maintaining high luminous intensity. Unfortunately, the electronics of some towing vehicles, which also check the correct function of trailer lighting, are not prepared for such low draw rates and are preset only for much higher current draws of incandescent bulbs. Due to their very low power consumption, the trailer LED lamps detect such a towing vehicle as defective light bulbs and the trip computer reports an error, eventually disconnecting the power supply to the towing socket. This is the case for the control unit connected between the towing vehicle and the trailer. The control unit simulates the load of an ordinary light bulb on the towing vehicle's electronics, making operation of the connected LED lamp smooth. The control unit is then able to transmit to the on-board computer of the towing vehicle also a possible defect of the direction indicator lamps of the LED lamp.